(tl;dr: New uploader with cache reading capability is available as an early alpha release: Download here )
When I was working on libevecache, I was imagining making a quick-turn uploader which used the functionality from the library allowing EVE-Central uploader users to no longer have to hit the magic button.
That was several months ago now. How time flies when everything else is demanding your attention: house stuff, hardware stuff, work stuff, other stuff. I wasn’t even distracted by video games or EVE-Online. My dream of a quick turn uploader clone obviously was just a dream, up until now.
I am releasing Contribtastic 2.0-alpha1, available on the download site as a Windows installer. Contribtastic is a bit different than originally intended (I am reusing the wxPython skeleton from the MarketUploader 1.3, not the pure C++ Qt framework), but this is all to get it out the door quickly: I spent more time downloading and installing the EVE client on my shiny new Windows 7 system than writing code or adapting the new framework to work with libevecache. Go Python go.
There are some known errata:
- Contribtastic doesn’t always detect the cache folder path correctly
- The user login functionality is basically totally broken. (Sorry, no credits for uploads yet)
- Upload suggestions aren’t working
- 0 item cache files will not be interpreted by the EVE-Central.com parser (a server side issue)
- Memory usage has not been analyzed
- Bonking upload now while already scanning for uploads can break things
- Only tested on Windows 7
This is an alpha version, but please enjoy!